Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Concluding Blog

Hello faithful readers!  This will probably be my last blog post on the topic of the impact of school shootings.  Looking back on it, I remember how nervous I was when starting this blog.  After witnessing countless youtube wars, I was always wondering what if someone will take something out of context or disagree with an idea of mine and berate me for it.  Coming across blogs that were filled to the brim with bias was something that I also believed and did occur.  While it was frustrating finding blogs of a similar topic containing bias, those that did not display bias were a dime a dozen.  I was also unsure if I would be able to write enough sub-topics about this subject.  Fortunately, I had found other topics through the help of comments written by others, so I was able to keep on writing.  I was relieved to discover that people would leave comments that were not mean or nasty, but rather helpful in suggesting new sub-topics or asking questions that I had never come up with.  While to me, it feels like I may not have made much of an impact on the blogging community of the impact of school shooters, at least I can say to myself that there is one more blog of the impact of school shootings that does not contain any bias.  All in all, my blogging experience has been a positive transition of anxiousness to confidence.  I thank you all for taking the time to read my posts and giving me encouragement to keep going at it.

1 comment:

  1. I find it surprising that you say that the blogs on school shootings that you found without bias were a dime a dozen. Were there that many, really? I think the current state of guns in our nation allowed this topic to fuel itself. I am very happy that you found your voice on the subject and that you feel you added substantively to the community. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete