Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Introduction

Greetings everyone!

This is my first time blogging in general so it is an experience that I am interested in partaking in.  However, I hope everyone will keep in mind that I do not like having personal information about me on the internet for the world to see, hence the pseudonym "Steve Watson" and the lack of information in my blog profile.  With that said, here is my introduction.

I am currently a full time student at the local community college working towards a degree in Administration of Justice.  I am seeking this degree because I was inspired by a very close family member who worked in Federal Service.  This family member would tell me about all the exciting investigations, hard work, and sacrifice that he experienced.  It made me want to follow in their footsteps and continue the family honor of protecting America and her interests.  As I grew up, I started thinking about serving in the military to gain work experience and then apply for a federal agency that involves work overseas.  However, with the current job situation as it is, I realized that I shouldn't place all my eggs in one basket and consider the possibility of working with a local or state police.  Then, when the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary school occurred, I started wondering why people could bring themselves to taking the lives of youthful students and/or faculty members.  The thought just never left my subconscious.

With the announcement of blogging on a topic in English 112, I thought that this would be the perfect opportunity to finally answer some questions that have been going through my mind for the last year.  In this blog, I plan on discussing some school shootings that have occurred in America, what brought these people to attack students at a school, and what could have been done or what I believe should be done to prevent these events from occurring again.  I am very eager to begin learning about this topic and sharing it with everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment